Lower Back Pain Treatment
Your spine traverses your entire back there’s more than just bones here, but also spinal vertebrae, muscles, ligaments, nerves, and joints. If any of these become injured or damaged, you could have lower back pain. At Clinton Chiropractic Clinic, we can help alleviate your lower back pain today.
What Causes Lower Back Pain?
Lower back pain can manifest from a whole host of diseases, injuries, medical conditions, and more. Here’s a brief overview of some of these causes:
- Compression fractures from osteoporosis, other diseases, and injuries
- Dislocations, acute fractures, and other sudden trauma from a slip and fall or car accident
- Kyphosis and scoliosis, which harm the sacroiliac joints, facet joints, and spinal discs
- Joint inflammation in the form of osteoarthritis and other conditions and injuries that create this stiffness and pain
- Degenerative disc disease, in which the spinal discs break down as fluid levels deplete
- Lumbar herniated discs, in which the spinal disc’s fluid and jelly moves outward, coming into contact with nearby nerves and causing painful symptoms
What Are the Symptoms?
Symptoms are not uniform from one type of injury or condition to the next. You may have:
- Pain at various levels ranging from mild to more intense
- Immobility and stiffness when sitting for too long or getting up in the morning
- Aches in the feet, legs, and buttocks
Diagnosing Lower Back Pain
To diagnose a case of lower back pain, you should visit a chiropractor. They will first review your medical history and records. Then, they may recommend diagnostics like injection studies, MRIs, myelograms, CT scans, x-rays, and physical exams. The chiropractor may also ask about your injury history, postural issues, quality of sleep, physical fitness, and more.
With chiropractic techniques like adjustments, spinal decompressions, and manipulations, your chiropractor can treat many of the conditions and injuries described above. Other treatments you may receive that are available at Clinton Chiropractic Clinic are pain management, physical therapy, Class IV cold laser therapy, and more. Besides lower back pain, our chiropractors will also diagnose and recommend treatments for personal injuries, work injuries, sports injuries, spinal stenosis, osteoarthritis, spinal disc bulging, spinal disc herniations, degenerative disc disease, sciatica, whiplash, and more.
Need Lower Back Pain Treatment from a Chiropractor in Clinton?
If you’re ready to see what a difference chiropractic care can make for your lower back pain, we encourage you to set up an appointment with us at Clinton Chiropractic Care today. Our phone number is (608) 676-2210 and our address is Clinton Chiropractic Clinic on 400 Odgen Avenue.