Finding Relief from Knee Pain
Knee pain can be a burden to your everyday life. Finding relief from knee pain can make your day much more pleasant and enjoyable. Brian Dittmann, D.C. offers chiropractic services for knee pain for the Richmond area. Most people think that a chiropractor’s services are only for the back, but helping with knee pain is another one of Brian Dittmann, D.C. specialties.
- Chiropractic treatment is very effective for many knee problems. It can be helpful for patients if:
- Knee pain is limiting your day-to-day or sports activities
- You have been given painkillers and have been told to rest, but have no long-term improvement
- You have been told you have arthritis and nothing can be done
- You have knee pain or restricted motion
The knee is a complex joint that relies solely on ligaments and muscles for stability. When pain is known to be coming from the knee, all functional components are examined as well as the knee joint, lower back, pelvis, hip, ankle and foot. These all have direct influence on the knee.
The Causes of Knee Pain
Believe or not, there are numerous injuries and diseases that consist of the knee. The knee is often exposed to injury more than any other bony structure in the body besides the spine. Usual causes of knee pain are:
- Arthritis of the knee
- Cartilage injuries
- Illiotibial band syndrome
- Ligament injuries
- Meniscus injuries
- Osgood-Schlatter disease
- Tendon injuries
The process of treatment is very basic for most patients, but may be modified to meet a patients needs or specific conditions. We have listed the basic treatment you can expect below:
- Reduce joint inflammation and reduce pain: Avoid worsening factors with the use of sports tape, ice, and soft tissue healing
- Control joint function: Specific chiropractic manipulation and mobilization techniques will be used to areas that are restricted to movement in the knee, as well as surrounding joints. Deep soft tissue massage can also be used.
- Rehabilitation exercise: If appropriate, exercises are utilized to improve strength, endurance and stability.
If you suffer from knee pain and cannot find the relief you are looking for, it’s time to try chiropractic treatment. Call our office today at (608) 676-2210 to schedule your appointment and to learn more about what we can do for you! Our goal is to help Janesville, Beloit, Clinton, WI feel and function better as quickly as possible!